Green Public Procurement (GPP) contributes to closed material and energy loops, by minimizing and in certain cases avoiding the environmental pressure and the waste creation across the whole life-cycle. The EU Circular Economy Action Plan (CEAP) recognises public procurement as a key driver in the transition towards the circular economy.
Emphasis is placed in implementing activities eventually supporting EDA’s participating Member States (pMS)’ Ministries of Defence (MoDs) to procure goods, services and works with a reduced environmental impact, throughout their life-cycle.
Examples of key activities foreseen
If you want to express your interest in joining this Project Circle, please send an email to our functional MailBox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mapping of current national EDA pMS/MoDs Green Procurement-related processes/ considerations/ aspects;
- Consideration of relevant Green Procurement guidelines and practices/procedures established in other non-defence/ public procurement sectors, including at EU-level;
- Assessment/identification of potential needs/opportunities and required measures/actions for further improvement of related Green Procurement processes applied by EDA pMS/MoDs;
- Implementation of the required measures/actions to support EDA pMS/MoDs in improving/ harmonising their national processes on Green Procurement;
- Monitoring the implementation and level of improved harmonisation of EDA pMS/ MoDs Green procurement processes.
IF CEED is co-funded by:
IF (we) ‘CEED’ now, we will harvest tomorrow!
IF CEED data protection - Privacy statement