11 April 2019 to 11 April 2019
09:00 - 17:00
The EDA and the European Commission would like to announce an Information & Brokerage Day on the Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR) in Brussels on 11 April 2019, from 09:00 to 17:00.
Registration is possible from 20 March (12h00) until 7 April (23:59).
The PADR has the objective to test the added-value of the EU budget supporting defence research, in view of a potential EU programme in the next EU Multi-annual Financial Framework. The PADR will be implemented by the EDA through a Delegation Agreement to be signed between the EDA and the Commission on behalf of the European Union in May 2017.
The PADR 2019 work programme includes the following calls/topics:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Dominance: Combined radar, communications, and electronic warfare functions based on European Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA) for military applications (PADR-EMS-03-2019). This topic focuses on research and technological development (R&T) project, potentially followed by further and/or development actions, to design and build multifunction radio frequency system based on AESA technology for a broad range of applications, to become available for defence applications in several military domains within the next decade in Europe
- Future Disruptive Defence Technologies:
Emerging Game-changers (PADR-FDDT-EMERGING-03-2019). The proposals are sought for cutting-edge high-risk/high-reward research projects that aim to demonstrate a new technological paradigm within the scope of one or more of the areas, including autonomous positioning, navigation and timing; artificial Intelligence for defence; quantum technologies for defence applications; long-range effects and augmenting soldier capacity
Challenging the future (PADR-FDDT-OPEN-03-2019). The proposals are sought for cutting-edge, high-risk/high-impact research leading to game-changing impact in a defence context.
- Unmanned Systems: Interoperability standards for military unmanned systems (PADR-US-03-2019). This topic focuses on interoperability and standardisation of systems, subsystems, components and procedures of complex unmanned platforms in a network centric environment.
The calls for proposals were published on 19 March 2019.
What will be addressed?
The EDA will give information on the topics of the PADR. Participation modalities and access to the Participant Portal will be explained. A brokerage session will also be organized to help in finding partners for forming consortia.
Who should participate?
The PADR InfoDay 2019 will be a unique opportunity to improve the knowledge about the context, the objectives and the participation modalities of the Preparatory Action.
The event will provide opportunities for networking with partners interested in forming consortia.
Therefore, representatives from legal entities established in the EU Member States and Norway are welcome. Industry, be it larger companies or SMEs, clusters Defence industry associations, national or European research institutes and universities are all invited to participate.
How to participate?
1. You are welcome to register on this web-based platform operating from 20.03.2019
2. Wait until your registration is validated with a confirmation email
3. Following the confirmation, you are welcome to complete the information on your organization and start networking
Attendance to the workshop will be initially limited to 1 person per organization. Admission of other participants will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
For further information, please contact PreparatoryAction@eda.europa.eu