The goals of the MAWA Forum are to develop and achieve the following ministerial approved ‘roadmap-objectives’ for adoption into pMS’s regulatory systems:
- common regulatory framework;
- common certification processes;
- common approach to organisational approvals;
- common certification/design codes;
- common approach to preservation of airworthiness;
- arrangements for mutual recognition;
- formation of a European Military Joint Airworthiness Authorities Organisation (EMJAAO).
In order to achieve these objectives, the MAWA Forum has created links with external bodies and organisations (including EASA, NATO and industry) to ensure a coherent approach to their activities and to avoid unnecessary duplication.