The aim is to establish a legal mechanism with agreed principles and procedures allowing all services of cMS' Armed Forces to share spare parts and request/provide service provisions in peacetime and during the execution of operations and missions.
- Establish a flexible and effective legal framework for sharing of spare parts and services among contributing Member States, applicable in peacetime and during operations and missions;
- Serve all services of Armed Forces (Land, Air and Sea);
- Provide opportunities to harmonize procedures and processes among participating Member States in all aspects related to sharing of spare parts and provision of services.
The objective of the Sharing of Spare Parts Project is to establish a multinational framework with agreed principles and procedures for the request and provision of Mutual Logistic Support (MLS) in peacetime and during the execution of operations between all services of the Armed Forces of the contributing Member States. The MLS focuses both on an unforeseen and temporary lack of common supplies as well as on service support for standard or specific equipment. Besides the application in peacetime, the initiative will facilitate mutual assistance in terms of spare parts and provision of services whenever national contingents are deployed in an operational or training environment.
In 2015, twelve EDA MS signed the Project Arrangement (PA) No B 1417. To hit the project objectives, a process Manual has been elaborated to describe the process and to ensure its right use among cMS. Core element of the process are various ways of compensation to balance sharing’s and services. Additionally, an IT application has been developed which provides the possibility to track and trace the loans and services. The IT application - provided on EDA server architecture - fulfils the EU IT security standards. National SoSP experts meet regular within an Ad hoc Working Group (AHWG). As decision element for the project a Management Committee (MC) has been established. Membership and the use of SoSP is free of charge.
- A legal framework with agreed principles and procedures allowing all services of the cMS Armed Forces to share spare parts and request and provide service provisions
- Various ways of compensation as balance mechanism
- Web based IT application to track and trace loans and provided services
- Process Manual for all working level available
- Established fora to discuss all aspects and topics of the SoSP project
- Application of SoSP is free of charge.