After a first successful edition in 2017, EDA and the European Commission will organize a second Information Day & Brokerage Event on the Preparatory Action on Defence Research (PADR) on 12 April 2018 in Brussels, from 09:30 to 17:30h.
Registration will be possible as of 21 March 2018 on this webpage.
The event aims at providing industry, research entities and other interested defence stakeholders with first-hand information on the 2018 PADR calls for proposals and related to the following three topics:
- European high-performance, trustable (re)configurable system-on-a-chip or system-in-package for defence applications;
- European high power laser effector;
- Strategic technology foresight, tackling the issue of the critical defence technological dependencies for the EU.
What can attendees expect?
EDA and Commission experts will provide attendants with detailed explanations on 2018 PADR topics as well an the rules and conditions for participation in the calls for proposals. Furthermore, a brokerage session with b2b meetings in the afternoon will allow participants to exchange views with potential future consortia partners.
Who should participate?
The 2018 InfoDay & Brockerage event will be a unique opportunity for the whole European defence research community to improve their knowledge about the functioning of the PADR in general and the upcoming 2018 calls for proposals in particular. The event will also provide plenty of opportunities for networking with potential partners keen to engage in consortia.
Representatives from industry (prime contractors, SMEs, industry associations) and research entities (national or European institutes and universities) legally established in one of the 28 Member States of the EU or Norway are invited to register and participate in the event!
How to participate?
- You are welcome to register no later than 5 April 2018 through a link which will be available on this webpage as of 21 March 2018
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after your registration is validated (it may take a couple of days)
- Following the confirmation you are invited to follow the instructions given on the platform, and to start networking with other attendees.
Attendance to the workshop will be initially limited to 1 person per organization. Admission of other participants will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
For further information, please contact the European Synergies and Innovation Directorate at PreparatoryAction@eda.europa.eu.